Thursday, October 19, 2006

Giant Size Wolverine #1 - Marvel


The opening story to this book was ok. David Lapham is a good writer. The artwork by David Aja, was ok. Although it did seem to lend it's style to about 3 or 4 different sources. But over all, I was severly dissapointed. Stories with no consequences, piss me off. Now this story, in and of itself had consequence. Hell, it had conflict, resolve and consequence. But, in the grand scheme of things, in the grand design of the continuity that is the Marvel universe, it means nothing. There is nothing that happened in this story that will have any consequence in the Marvel universe. It may as well have not happened, because it means nothing. And to add insult to injury, this story would've been just as well suited for a one shot in the regular title. For which I wouldn't have complained about spending $2.99. But as it is I had to spend $4.99. And for what? To buy the reprints of X-Men 6 & 7? Why? If you're going to reprint something in the Wolverine Giant Size, I would think that it would be some obscure Wolverine story. Yes Wolverine was in these 2 issues, but so what? I hate spending my hard earned money on reprinted material. Thanks Marvel. Thanks for making me think even less of your marketing department. My advise? Save you $5, or spend it on 2 books of something that you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment