Sunday, October 08, 2006

Civil War #4 - Marvel


"Oh my God!!! Thor just killed Goliath!" Exsqueezeme? Oh, I forgot. This is Marvels all encompasing Thrillogy! So a cloned Thor is not out of the question. And said Thor, blasting a lightning bolt through Goliath's chest is not out of the question. And Iron Man beating the crap out of Captain America, is not beyond reason. Oh, and I can't forget Susan Storm coming to everyone's rescue, and having to become separated from her family in order to do so. Now, people in both camps, Tony's and Cap's, are starting to question whether or not they picked the right side. So how is Tony's team going to make sure they have the manpower to confront Cap's side in the future. They're crossing the line, that's how. Now they're recruiting people like Bullseye, Taskmaster, Venom, and some other nasties. This is going to get a lot uglier before it gets better. I started out a little skeptical when this series began. But, it's drawing me in more and more every month. Mark Millar is such an incredible writer. And, Steve McNiven gets better and better with every issue. I was recently reading some of the Marvel Knights "4" title, which Steve did the art in the first few issues, and he has come a long way since then, which was probably only about 3 years ago. My only criticism will be, will theses changes stick. It seems like we go through these all encompasing changes, only to have them all revert back to normal 6 months down the line. But, I'm willing to wait and see because the story truly is that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment