Saturday, October 28, 2006

Firestorm #30 - DC


With the rather large spectrum of characters and books available out there, I can't really explain why Firestorm is one of my most favorite characters, but he is. Has been ever since his inception. I would have to say that him, Spider-man, and Superman, are my 3 all time favorites. I was a little concerned when this book first started, after all, where's Ronnie and the Prof.? But, with a little patience, I sooned learned that the book was in very capable hands with Stuart Moore and Jamal Igle. And in recent months they've brought back the Prof. Good to see Martin's head floating around again. This time also he plays a much more interactive role in the process as when he's in Jason's head, he's actually at the control panel of the Firestorm matrix. They've also brought back Firehawk, Pozhar and more recently the Pionic Man. I really think they're making a concentrated effort to have this incarnation tied in as closely as possible to the last. Ronnie or no. Jason finally catches up to Gehanna this issue to try to explain himself, but as he finds out, she's already forgiven him. Also, I have a feeling the Pionic Man is going to change his colors. He may be on the side of angels now. But, of course, there's a new bad guy, "Tokomak : the Human Reactor". We meet him at the end of this issue. I really hope that this book doesn't fall into the creative wastland like it did last time. It's good to have it back, and I hope it sticks around for a while. You know, it would really help if he became and active member of the JLA again. I mean, while they're trying to decide membership and all. Shameless plug!!

No comments:

Post a Comment