Thursday, October 19, 2006

the All New Atom #4 - DC


This is turning out to be a pretty cool book. And to add to my happiness, it isn't drawn by John Byrne this issue. Yippee!!! I'm sorry. Don't get me wrong. I like John, his art and his writing. But, sometimes a little bit of him goes a long ways. And sometimes it seems like he's everywhere. Which I find very annoying. Add to that, I'm still mad about the way he ended his "Blood of the Demon" series. Very anti-climactic, and childish. To me it felt like he had dug himself into such a deep hole, that he couldn't figure out how to write himself out of it. Or at least without another 12 - 15 issues to explain it, so "POOF" it was all a dream. Baaaadddd!! Anyways, this is about the atom and it's new artistic team of Eddy Barrows and Trevor Scott. Very nice work guys. Who knew you could make a 50 foot walking tumor look so attractive? Anyways, it's a lot of fun. We're getting to see the wierd side of Ivy Town. The Dean has a theory, "I believe what he did, the sheer imposibility of it . . . . I believe it tortured the natural physics of the town." Of course Ryan doesn't believe that, but he's new to town so what's he going to do? I guess we'll have to wait until next issue to find out. And who's this other Atom? He seems like a psychopath, but at the same time he seems interested in helping Ryan. Mysteries abound, and I'm sure, with the prose of Gail Simone, there will be a lot more twists and turns before we start getting the answers we're looking for. And you know how some questions lead to more questions, well I think we're just getting a taste of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment