Sunday, September 26, 2010

Magog #12 - DC

This book is interesting, and everything, but . . I'm just not sure where we're going with this. This appears to be the final issue of this series, but . . I think the story is far from over. The story in this particular issue carries over into JSA Special #1 next month. But then I see from the previews that Magog is going to be playing a role in Generation Lost, or was it Brightest Day (?), in the coming months. Anyways, we saw at the end of last issue that this soldier appeared to be popping into Opal City and was taking sight at a bus-load of kids. We find out this issue that he's actually looking at some extra-dimensional characters. Magog doesn't see them until he adjusts his vision a little bit. Also this soldier has the Eye of Providence on his helmet. That's the symbol that David Reid has on his arm. You see it on the cover, there. Anyways, it appears that whatever this organization that this guy is associated with is trying to stop the takeover of the world by, I'm guessing, the same place that Magog is from. Although I don't know if they necessarily have made that connection yet. But this group, I'm thinking unbeknownst to them, is also lead by aliens. As soon as they see Magog they recognize him, and are fearful. Anyways, they show Magog their greatest weapon . . NIL8. And by the end of the issue seem to have used some kind of mental persuasion to convince David to join them. Anyways, like I said, I'm not really sure how this is all going to play out. I don't really know who these guys are . . either side of this confrontation. And we don't have a clear picture of what it is they're really fighting for. Hopefully in the JSA Special things clear up a little bit. Scott Kolins does the story, art and cover for this issue. I don't want to be to negative . . until I get a clearer picture. Hopefully the JSA Special will help with that. And then I'll tell you what I really think of all this. Something to look forward to. Huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment