Thursday, November 30, 2006

X-Men - Phoenix Warsong #3 - Marvel


Ok, again I had to borrow a cover from www.milehighcomics.com. They are a fantastic resource for all things comic related. Check 'em out. Anyways, I really like the X-men, and these grandiose storylines, but this one doesn't quite seem to be pulling it off for me. Don't get me wrong, there's definitely some neat ideas coming out of this. I like the way they're tying the whole thing into "the World" storyline from a few years ago. And it's cool to think that the Cuckoos were actually biologically bread and grown and, I assume, advanced evolutionarily in this "World". Also they were then sent specifically to Xavier's school to try to help them adapt to the outside world. I also think it's cool that they were all harvested from Emma's eggs. Talk about mass copulation. And, since the Phoenix Force failed in it's leeching of Jean, Rachel and Emma, that it's next step would be to try out the forms of Emma's progeny. But the way the story is flowing, and how they're trying to fit the X-men into it, just seems kind of forced to me. Specifically with this, we are dealing with Scott, Emma, Peter and Kitty. Oh, and a SHEILD agent named Jake Oh. Then a back-up team arrives with the Beast and Wolverine. They also have the 2 cuckoo zombies in tow, whom they hadn't realized had come up from the ground and hitched a ride without them knowing it. So, that part of the story is a little convoluted. Maybe it'll clear up some in issue 4 or 5, but right now it seems more than a little messy. Which is really a shame, because I want to like this story. I just can't say I do right now. But, I do want to see how it turns out, so I'll let you know if I change my mind any after the next issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment