Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Hawkgirl #57 - DC


Well it looks like Kendra is in some deep doodoo. Some of the Thanagarian prisoners have been released from the prison on Rann. Princess Koriandr's evil sister, has decided that certain people need to be judged and executed for their crimes against their world. Chief on this list is Hawkgirl. So she sends one of the prisoners to earth to get here. He actually takes her down pretty easy. He then sets up a tribunal in an old abandonded asylum on the outskirts of St. Roch. And the hung jury begins. Now the only bad thing about this book is that, I guess, Howard Chaykin has left the penciling duties. Walt Simonson is still writing. So the stories are fantastic, and very action packed. But with this issue Joe Bennett takes over the penciling. I was a little worried about this because Howard is one of my all time favorites. But, Joe did a pretty good job. He isn't Howard, but hey, nobody is. I mean, I knew he was ok. I've seen his work over on Birds of Prey. But I was just worried that it would be such a drastic change from Howard's style. And it is. But that's ok. We're starting a new story arc here, with some different characters, and worlds for that matter. And Joe's style looks very good here. I guess I worried to much. By the way, yet another cover I had to borrow from www.milehighcomics.com . You should check 'em out.

No comments:

Post a Comment