Sunday, November 26, 2006

52 - Week Twenty Five - DC


I can't believe we're almost half way done with this series already. Say it isn't so! I love having this book come out every week. I wish there were more titles like this. I know. The logistics of such an undertaking are probably horrific, but I really feel that the end product is showing the effort. Kudos to everyone involved. On a personal note, I was thrilled to death last issue because Phil Jimenez did the pencils for the whole issue. Yippee!! Then I was pleasantly suprised to see that he did pages 9 thru 13 of this issue. Thanks for the gift. My only complaint is, please let him finish his Other World project. I want to know how it ends. Please!! Please!! Please!! One other special treat this issue, George Perez does the origin of Nightwing pages. Awesome!! We get a little bit of all our storylines this issue. First we see Bruno Mannheim building his crime empire with intergang. Then the Marvel Family, Captain Marvel Jr. and Mary Marvel, finally get to see the Black Marvel Family in action, Black Adam, Isis and Osiris. We catch up with Ralph Dibny as he travels through the underworld with Fate. These are also the page that Phil does. Just incredible. Then we catch up with Infinity Inc. again. They have a new team member, Matrix. We see the first meeting between Alan and Michael as they discuss the future of Checkmate and their role in it. And finally we see the island of the mad scientist, more specifically Will Magnus, and find out that it appears to be funded by Mannheim. He is also being delivered a new weapon called the Four Horsemen. Ok, is that enough plot lines for one book? Like I said, this is why I really like this book so much. Keep 'em coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment