Sunday, November 26, 2006

Ultimate Spider-Man #101 - Marvel


I know I say it every time I write about an Ultimate book, but, I love this imprint. All of these titles are imaginative and unique. And I like any story that shakes things up a little bit. This one is part 5 of the clone saga. Bendis is doing a much better job of this story, than was done in all the Spider titles 10 years ago or so. That one, with the Scarlet Spider, was a pretty convoluted storyline. It started out good, but by the end there was so much involved it was pretty near impossible to sort the whole thing out. I don't really know if it was ever adequately explained. After reading the whole thing, I still had lots of questions. But, this time, with Bendis at the helm, it seems much less confusing. We still don't know who's behind the whole thing, but I wouldn't rule out Peter's father. Yes he's back. It appears he's been doing secret projects for the CIA this whole time. And Fury is also back, because he is after Peter for being the genetic material for this whole clone mess. That's like blaming Hitler's mother for screwing his dad. Anyways, the FF show up to help Peter and end up saving May because she had a heart attack when Peter admitted that he was Spider-man, last issue, and then Fury attacked at the same time. So now, Peter is going to be in Fury's custody, and MJ is still being held by the other Spider-man clone. Hopefully we'll sort this out some more next issue. But in the meantime, it's a great story. I always feel like I get my moneys worth with these Ultimate books. Keep 'em coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment