Thursday, November 30, 2006

Detective #825 - DC


Although I have been entertained by Detective comics of late, I'm afraid this one fell a little short. The cover, however, is excellent. Simone Bianchi does some spectacular work. Anyways, Royal McGraw writes this tales, and unfortunately it's very over simplistic. I also really don't like the artwork of Marcos Marz. I can appreciate what he's trying to do with his style, but it didn't work very well. A lot of his panels look like that outline of the figure was drawn, and then the drawing of the character was pasted in. And it wasn't a very good paste either. Like I said I appreciate what he was trying to do, but he either needs to keep trying to refine it, or try something different. The story was basically set up to bring Doctor Phosphorus back into the active Rogues Gallery. One of the doctors that was originally responsible for the accident that turned him into this walking fire-man, has held him captive and has been experimenting on him. Well Phosphorous escapes and decides to get revenge on the 3 people that were responsible for his accident. He burns the first two, but in his attempt on the third, Rupert Thorn, Batman uses a common household item to take him down, baking soda. End of story. Like I said very simplistic. I was very dissapointed in the book this month. Which is a shame because I really thought the last couple were improving. Two steps forward, one step back I guess. Hope next month is a better outing.

No comments:

Post a Comment