Friday, November 17, 2006

Robin #155 - DC


I really felt like Robin was going into a slump there, for a little while. But, I think, ever since the one year later thing, we seem to be getting back on track. Plus, I really like the whole plot line of Bruce adopting Tim. I really think that it was long overdue. It was just to bad that his father had to die for it to come to pass. But, I guess that was inevitable, it couldn't have really happened without it. Anyways, last issue we found out that privileged children were being abducted in broad daylight. So Tim was set up to be abducted, so he could try to bring the operation down from the inside. We also have a new character, whom I really didn't like at first, but, he seems to be growing on me. He's Dodge, or that's what he calls himself, and he has some sort of teleporting power. He really wants to be a hero, and he really wants to be Robin's sidekick. But, he's so impulsive and brash, that he just keeps getting in the way and making a nuisance of himself. So Tim gets inside, and starts to formulate a plan on how to take this group down, but then Dodge shows up. Now Tim has to work his plan, but also take into account Dodge's zealousness. He of course overcomes the obstacles, but, not without a casualty. One of the kids gets shot, and it's really Dodge's fault. And Dodge knows that. I really think it's a wake-up call to him. But, as I was saying, this book really seems to be getting on track again. Adam Beechen writes, and Freddie E. Williams II draws. Adams writing is really becoming very solid. He seems to have a really good grasp of his characters, and the supporting cast. And Freddie's pencils seem to get better every issue. His style fits the book very well. This book has gone up and down through it's tenure, but I really like the direction that it's heading now.

No comments:

Post a Comment