Saturday, September 16, 2006

Outsiders #40 - DC


We're still in the lair of Silver & Grey, and we learn a little history about how and why they got in the business of collecting DNA samples from supers around the world. It looks like they got the Flash, Beast Bay, Metamorpho, Auquaman, Plastic Man, Firestorm, and maybe even Superman. Plus I'm sure a few others that we don't know about yet. And we also find out that the Brain is not really the real brains behind the operation, it's actually Dr. Sivana. We also find out that there's a secret about Grace and her origins. We don't really find out what it is. But the window of doubt has been opened. My guess? I think she's from Apocolypse. But I'm just guessing. I'm sure we'll find out in the next couple of issues. Anyways everyone has been captured except for Katana. So with "a small satellite of Metamorpho" and the A.I., Pequod, on their ship, she sets out to find Superman's clone and free the rest of the group. Of course they are freed, but the Superman clone doesn't help out exactly as expected. And, it breaks loose of the facility at the end. This is when Mallah tells them that Sivana is actually behind their operations. Sivana, who is watching through security monitors simply replys, "Crap! Never trust a monkee in love." Judd Winick is doing an awesome job with this storyline. He seems to have a great handle on these characters. And with that backed up by the pencils of Matthew Clark and Ron Randall, this becomes a must have book. I have always been an Outsiders fan. All the way back to the DC Special, and the first team with Batman. But, I have to say, that this is probably my favorite team.

No comments:

Post a Comment