Sunday, September 17, 2006

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-man #12 - Marvel


Ok I know I've been giving Peter David hell over the last couple of issues,but I have to admit, this one is better. By the way Todd Nauck is on pencils. Anyways we're dealing with Mysterio this issue. Last one also, but it's a 3 part story. And actually we're dealing with 3 different Mysterios. How? Well they haven't explained it entirely yet. But one of them is the original, Quentin Beck. You thought he committed suicide? Well aparently he did. And he's still dead. And he still has half his head blown off. How? Your guess is as good as mine. But they'll have to sort it out next issue, as there's only 1 more left in this story arc. But the first one attacked Peter's school last issue. The second one showed up to assist the police. The enemy of your enemy is my enemy, and all that. And Quentin shows up at the end of this issue. We really don't even know yet what the first one was after. Other than to cause general mischief in Peter's life. On a personal note, the scene where Peter is doused with Mysterio's gas was especially funny as my wife was laying next to me and farted at the exact same time. His commentary on how his suit would help him handle the gas and it's effects, struck me as particularly funny. Anyways, I will admit that this storyline seems to be better than the last one. I'll give you credit where it's due. But if your stuff stinks . . . . I'll call you out on that also. So keep up the good work, and I'll see you next issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment