Sunday, February 28, 2010

Batman & Robin #9 - DC

I like this book. I know that Dick is like Batman-lite, or something, but . . the guy's trying. He's just not as gritty or ruthless as Bruce was. He just doesn't have that 'killer-instinct'. You know . . just, without killing. But, I think Damian more than makes up for it. Damian is a little scrapper. He's just had several internal operations, including a new spine, but when the Batman-zombie, that Dick just resurrected last issue from the Lazarus-pit in London . . when he comes back to Wayne-tower, Damian is ready to throw down with him. Granted he can't do the acrobatics of judo that he normally uses, but . . he can break Batman's nose with his wheel-chair, and he electrocutes him when he steps in a puddle of gas. Also causing an explosion and fire. Like I said . . he's a little scrapper. But then Batman picks him up and throws him over the edge of the building. Anyways, while this is going on, Dick, Knight and Squire have to dig out the rubble around the Lazarus-pit so they can resurrect Kate, Batwoman. She was seriously hurt in the cave-in last issue, and opted for the alternative treatment . . death and resurrection. Shortly after which her father shows up . . 'My . . ah . . military POC.' He leads them to safety and the British government helps get Batman and Batwoman back to the US. Dick arrives back in Gotham just in time to save Damian from his fall. And then with the help of Batwoman, they take out the Batman-zombie. Of course he was already deteriorating pretty bad. Anyways, because of this, Dick realizes that this was never Bruce's body to begin with. So that means . . 'Tim was right all along. Bruce is still alive. And all we have to do is find him.' Of course this was a great story by Grant Morrison. But I have to say, as I did last issue, I was really surprised by Cameron Stewart pencils. Not surprised that the guy's talented. Just surprised at how much I liked them. Not to mention Frank Quitely's cover. All in all, though . . I really like this book. I don't know if it will still continue after Bruce's return, but . . I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Personally . . I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment