Monday, December 15, 2008

the War that Time Forgot #7 - DC


I've been harsh on Al Barrionuevo's artwork, pretty much this entire series. Which I don't really like doing because I'm a fan. I thought his work on the Martian Manhunter series was great. This issue, however . . . kind of goes to prove my point about certain penciller and inker's styles not really jiving. So far Jimmy Palmiotti has been Al's inker on this series. However, this issue Dan Green does the inks. I think the art on this issue is strides better that the previous ones. I'm not discounting Jimmy's work. I just don't think his and Al's work complimented each other. Al and Dan's work seems to work better together. Anyways I'm taking a lot of time talking about the art, I think, because I don't really have anything really positive to say about the rest of the issue. Overall . . . I thought it was boring. Yes there's action, and adventure, and drama . . . blah, blah, blah . . . but in the end . . who really cares. As a reader I really haven't been able to buy into any of these characters yet. I haven't been able to say 'so and so's my favorite'. Yes I could go through a big 'ol list of these soldiers that have been brought to this island, but . . I'm just following the story. Reading it . . month to month. The problem is . . I'm not really getting in to it. I want to like it. I really do. There's a cool Kevin Nowlan cover this month. And Bruce Jones is the writer. Which led me to believe . . . it would be better. But really . . it's just boring. That's the easiest and politest way I can put it. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment