Saturday, December 20, 2008

Supergirl: Cosmic Adventures in the 8th Grade #1 - DC



To tell you the truth, I really didn't expect much from this title. I mean, come on . . . the title says it all. But, I will admit that I was pleasantly surprised. First of all, this book is nowhere near as childish as Tiny Titans or the Super-Friends. This book obviously revolves around Kara, Supergirl, and in this instance she's a teenager. Which is cool. No matter how much of a pain in the ass teenagers are, it's still a fun age. It's when people are full of life. And in this issue, Kara seems to exhibit that quality in abundance. This issue picks up right when she comes to Earth in her rocket. But, rather than being sent here by her father because their city was being destroyed, she came her as a runaway. She wasn't really trying to runaway. Actually, she was just hiding out, but nobody came looking for her. Next thing she knows . . . she's crossed dimensions and has landed on Earth. I think this could be a fun series. I definitely think the kids will like it. Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment