Monday, December 28, 2009

Wolverine Weapon X #8 - Marvel

This is turning out to be a pretty cool story-line. But first I have to say . . that's an awesome Adam Kubert cover. Anyways, Wolverine has been held captive at this Dunwich Sanatorium. We find out this issue that he's only been here for a week. To him, it seems like much longer. Anyways, we got this Dr Rot guy, who as it turns out used to be a patient here. He instigated a riot and then took over. I guess that's when he started making his brain machine. He's been stealing brains and linking them electronically. Somehow he's using this to control everyone, and to keep Wolverine sedated. But at the same time, under controlled circumstances, he's been trying to bring out the beast within. Although we don't really know why. But while under the influence of the brain machine, he uses it to reach out and try to mentally connect with the reporter he's been working with, Melita Garner. By the end of this issue he does so, and shes learned the name of where he's being held. But Dr Rot's got other problems. The goon that showed up here in the beginning of this story . . the guy that was looking for an assassin for a job, afterall that's the service this place used to supply . . the guys boss has come looking for him. And since he's a mob boss, he's brought some muscle along just in case. I guess next issue we'll see if Dr Rot can survive attacks on multiple fronts. But since it's the last issue of this storyline . . I highly doubt it. Jason Aaron is constructing a nice twisted story here. But this issue I'm surprised by Yanick Paquette's pencils. I'm not a huge fan, but . . this issue actually looked pretty good. I'm not sure that I'm going to continue buying this book. I think I buy enough Wolverine books. But . . we'll see what the next story-arc holds. We'll see if it holds my interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment