Thursday, September 11, 2008

Superman #679 - DC


With this story . . were being very slowly spoon fed the pieces. Really, all I've figured out so far is that somebody in the military establishment has, somehow, brought this Atlas character forward in time. I guess they're looking for someone, or something, that they can use to take down Superman if necessary. I don't think this is the confrontation they had planned. This seems more like an exercise . . a test. The irony is . . there's no way, ultimately, that they're going to be able to control this guy. Just like what happened with Doomsday. Things will escalate out of control and Superman will eventually be the one that has to pull their fats out of the fire. But I'm wondering who is really behind all of this. So far it seems to be a military thing, but, I'm guessing, there's someone a bit more 'influential' that's pulling their strings . . or 'motivating' them. That, I think, is going to be the real revelation. So far I think James Robinson is doing a great job with this title. I'm really happy that both of Superman's titles have been so strong over the last couple of years. Jim, I feel, is going to be an excellent addition to that legacy. I'm still not thrilled with Renato Guedes artwork, but . . I am becoming more accustomed to it. I'm thinking that maybe they just haven't found the right inker for him yet. Keep trying though. He obviously has talent, I just don't think the finished product looks as good as it could. But I am diggin' this storyline. Keep up the good work guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment