Sunday, September 21, 2008

Nightwing #148 - DC


Ok . . I think I got something figured out here. But first . . this issue. Peter J Tomasi wrote it and Rags Morales did the art. I'm a huge fan of Rags. I know it's not the greatest art out there, but . . I really like his style. I like the way he frames his pages . . I like the angles that he chooses . . I like the emotion that he puts on his characters faces. Personally, I think he does a fantastic job. This issue is still dealing with Nightwing protecting Carol, the DA, for . . Two-face. Nightwing has taken on the task, even though he doesn't trust Harvey's motives, but you know how he is about protecting people. I'm not entirely sure that the sniper that shot Dick was really aiming for Carol. I think if he wanted to kill either of them . . he could have. No I think this is all part of an elaborate plot. I think this is still wrapped up in Hush's plans to strike at Bruce through those closest to him. And what about the Black Glove group that infiltrated the mansion and beat up poor Alfred in the Bat-cave. Nothing has been said about that since? And Alfred really doesn't appear any the worse for wear. So . . I started thinking. Nobody really knew what happened to Alfred. He didn't get out a distress call, and Bruce, Dick and Tim were all otherwise engaged. So I'm thinking . . remember when I told you Selina was startled when she saw Tommy's face in the last issue of Detective? Well, I'm thinking that the face he's wearing is . . . Alfred's. To me, it looks like everything else is just minutia. He's trying to keep everybody busy and off balance. And, while doing that, he's quietly slipped in and replaced himself as Alfred. Now he let's everything play out, with the help of some of Batman's rogues . . to further confuse all the events . . and then when things settle down and everybody comes home to roost, Tommy has himself placed right next to the man he hates the most as Bruce's most trusted confidant. Then he can tear him apart piece by piece from the inside. He just has to hope that Selina doesn't wake up. Man this Hush and RIP is a great story-line. I can't wait to see what's next.

No comments:

Post a Comment