Monday, August 25, 2008

Wolverine - Killing Made Simple #1 - Marvel


Don't get me wrong here . . I'm as much a Wolverine fan as the next guy . . maybe more so, but . . I don't really like it when we get these 'special' issues, or '1 shots', and the stories are nothing really all that special. I will say that this issue has a fantastic cover. The art for the first story is by Koi Turnbull, so it's pretty good. I guess the point of the first story is to re-introduce us to Trance. She's one of the students from the school that returned to her home. Recently a few of the 'old' students have gone missing. Blindfold had some visions, and relayed them to Logan, that Nanny and the Orphan-maker were up to their old tricks. Trance is a student that really never had to step up to the plate, power wise, so she's not really sure what she's capable of. Anyways, Nanny and the Orphan-maker put Logan in a pretty bad spot and, in order to get her going, he starts relaying to her how he's not entirely invincible, because there are several ways in which he could actually be killed. While he's chained to the floor, receiving metal poisoning, he starts relaying in detail these methods to Trance to try to get her motivated. Long story short, she does come through and Logan puts quite a hurting on the Orphan-maker. I don't think they'll be up and about anytime soon. The back-up story, with art by Steve Kurth tells a story about Logan being tricked in to cleaning up another secret government base. It was interesting, but it was just some of the 'same ol, same ol'. There really wasn't anything unique about the story. I mean overall it was an enjoyable book . . . Christopher Yost and Todd DeZago wrote the stories, but I don't think it was worth the $3.99 I paid for it. I would've rather have seen the stories as back-ups in the regular Wolverine book. But, that's just my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment