Saturday, August 23, 2008

Detective Comics #847 - DC


This issue serves a duo purpose . . it's part of the Batman RIP story-line, but it also serves as the main component of the return of HUSH story-line. Paul Dini is doing a fantastic job with this story, and I'm also enjoying Dustin Nguyen's pencils. I wasn't sure about Dustin at first. I'm a fan of his, I just wasn't sure how his style would mesh with this title, but, I gotta say, I think he's doing a terrific job with all of these characters. This issue's title is The Last Good Day. Basically, it's premised upon Tommy thinking back to the last good day he had with his mother. Really, he abhorred and despised his mother, but . . she was still his mother, so he looks back on her with fond, if not deluded, memories. Also, his association with Bruce and the pain and anger he felt as a child, is tenuous at best. But somehow he made that connection and he now truly believes that Bruce/Batman is the source of all of his anguish. Obviously he doesn't have all the pieces of the puzzles, but the ones he's missing he's filled in with his own imagination and presumptions. At the best . . he's a bit deluded. The story that's weaving through this book is fantastic. I've enjoyed the HUSH character since his inception, a few years ago, but I really think this is the best story yet, to utilize the full range of emotions that motivate him. I've been kind of hard on the Detective title for a while now, but I really like where this story's going and the feel of the book right now. This is another story-arc that's going to be a classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment