Sunday, August 17, 2008

Batman - Death Mask #4 - DC


I have to hand it to Yshinori Natsume. I may not particularly like his style of artwork, but . . he tells a fantastic story. I'm just not a big manga kind of guy . . I guess. I mean it's ok . . I just don't find it all that exciting. But that's just me. However, I did truly enjoy this story. As it turns out, the guy behind the Death Mask was Aya's father. She didn't know him. She left her mother before she was born. But it was him, none the less. He had changed his identity . . tried to life a life to make up for the sins of his past . . what he did to Aya's mother, and those in their neighborhood. But sometimes it's hard to escape your past . . if you can't let yourself. I think that was the lesson of this story. No matter what you've done in life . . good or bad . . the world keeps moving . . you keep moving. If you want to hang on to that past, and dwell on it . . that's your choice. Or . . you could believe that everything happens for a reason, and it's also your choice on where you go from here. I think that's the lesson Aya's father learned . . at the end, but Aya learned in time so that she didn't end up going down the same path. I've said this before, but anyone who writes a story that gets you thinking that much about stuff . . did a hell of a job. My hats off to you Yoshinori. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment