Sunday, March 23, 2008

DC Special: Raven #1 - DC


Well this issue gets us off to an interesting start. Marv Wolfman is writing it. And I say . . who better? He did, after-all, create the character. Damian Scott is doing the pencils. He first came to my attention back on the Batgirl series. I really liked his stuff. He hasn't done to much since then, but, apparently, he's back. In this book we don't deal to much with Raven's past, or origins. Basically we catch up with her in her current role as student, Rachel Roth. She's being affected by some outside source. It has something to do with the military, and this one doctor in particular who is trying to use emotions to cure his daughter. He's even gone to the extent of obtaining the Psycho-Pirate's Medusa mask to further that endeavor. I thought this was a great first issue. There's also a Cyborg special coming out soon. I'm wondering if all of this is going to tie in with the new title, Titans Together. Or actually, now, I think it's just called Titans. I'm surprised there's not an add for it in this book. Maybe they don't want to make the connection yet. It's due out April 9th, and it'll be brought to us by Judd Winick and Ian Churchill. I really can't wait. Anyways, I liked this book. I liked the art style that Damion took with it, and as always Marv is a master wordsmith. Hey . . and it's another Titans book. Yeah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment