Friday, March 14, 2008

Hulk #2 - Marvel


This was an interesting book. Of course it's the second issue, so we don't really know who the Red Hulk is yet. And actually, this is the first time Tony actually lays eyes on him. Up until now, they've just assumed that it was the Hulk. You know. Bruce Banner. Maybe a different variation, but still . . . the Hulk. However, he's in an underground bunker, incarcerated, at the Triskellion. This new Red Hulk seems to be every bit as powerful, if not more, that the real Hulk. Last issue I guessed that it was Rick Jones. I think I may have been a bit hasty in that guess. This issue, my guess is . . . General Ross. This Hulk does seem smarter that the normal green rampaging Hulk. When he grabs Jen he tells her he could kill her anytime he wanted. And she believes him. Also since the Hulk killed the Abomination, some of his friends are coming after him. The A-Bomb (?) comes after him this issue. I'm not sure who this guy is, but apparently he's a friend of the Abomination's. Anyways, the Hulk comes up on him when he's in human form. So he smacks him around a little. Then he tells him, "I thought you were dead. I don't like being wrong. You ought to know that by now. You're just going to have to stay dead." He sounds pretty coherent to me. He also sounds like somebody that's got a grudge. But he hasn't talked to Tony yet. Which tells me he's comfortable enough to threaten these other people, but he doesn't want to get caught up in a conversation with someone that's smarter than he. Or, he knows Tony, and he's afraid if he talks to him, he'll figure out who he is. It could be either reason really. Anyways, so far, I think, it's a great start to this series. But with Jeph Loeb writing and Ed McGuinness doing the art . . I really didn't expect anything less. I don't know how long I'll keep buying this one, but, as long as they're on board . . . I will. Happy hunting, Tony!

No comments:

Post a Comment