Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Green Arrow and Black Canary #4 - DC


All I can say about this issue is . . . . . WOW!!! What a fantastic issue. I was severely upset when I saw that the Green Arrow series was cancelled . . a few months ago now. I just thought that Judd Winick was doing such a fantastic job with that series, and this character in particular, that I thought it was a really waste for it to go by the wayside. Then I heard about this series, and my hope became rekindled. But I still didn't know how, or who, was going to be able to top the incredible run that had been happening month after month in Green Arrow. Then, this series came out, and I saw that Judd was going to remain on the scripting chores. And the first couple issues were very good. But this issue . . . even without a variant cover . . . I think, far surpasses anything we've seen to date. Judd just expressed such raw emotion in his characters this issue. He took a grievous situation and made the way the characters reacted to it . . . . very believable. Ollie was off the hook. If this was a movie, he's win an Oscar for his performance in this issue. And I know that probably seems like hyperbole, but . . pick it up and tell me you don't agree. WOW!! This series, and the characters in it . . . . Ollie, Dinah, Connor, Mia, even Roy . . . has been exceptional. I really was upset when Green Arrow got cancelled. But, I couldn't have asked for anything better than this. It was . . . perfection. And now we find out, because of the Everyman situation, Dinah and Ollie were never actually married. Technically. So things are still up in the air. Fantastic book. I look forward to this one every month!

No comments:

Post a Comment