Monday, December 24, 2007

X-Men First Class #6 - Marvel


This was an enjoyable book. However, I didn't quite realize how bad they messed up the printing of it until the reprint came out 2 weeks later. I mean, I knew the pages were out of order but . . . . man. Somebody really messed that one up. Like I've said before though, I really like this book, because it's nice to see all the kids younger and more exuberant. This still all have youthfulness and hope in their eyes. That's the one downfall, I think, about the current X-Men titles. There's just so much earth-shattering, end of the world, or universe, stuff going on, that it's hard for any of them to have a moment's peace, let alone a glimmer of hope. And now with this whole Endangered Species, and Messiah Complex stories going on, they really are fighting for their lives on a daily basis. So, I think, this book offers the complete opposite spectrum when it comes to our view of these young heroes. This particular issue is when they first see the Sentinels. As a prelude to their attack, they've done something to negate everyone's powers. But rather than think they're under attack, or who may have done what, their first thoughts are of how they're going to change their lives. Heck, Jean doesn't even notice it until Henry throws a book at her. Scott is ecstatic, "Hey look, LOOK! My eyes have turned off! I don't need the visor . . the glasses . . anything! It's OVER!!" The most upset one is Warren, because his wings really did define him. Anyways, as I said, it was a prelude, so then the Sentinels attack. Without their powers, the kids have to use their wits and their training to fight them. Which they do, for the first few. But on the last page, the outside of the mansion is surrounded by them. But, not realizing the enormity of the threat, the kids response is, "Man! This day just keeps getting worse!"

No comments:

Post a Comment