Friday, October 19, 2007

Wonder Woman - Annual #1 - DC


The point I would like to make with this issue, would be so much better if I had some kind of scoring system I could incorporate in to my blogs. I'm fairly new to this process, so if someone could help me with that, or give me some ideas, I would greatly appreciate it. I still would like to talk about the issue, but I think a scoring system would be good, as far as someone giving a review a quick look to see if they might be interesting in picking up the book. I'm sure I could do it on my own, but it might be cumbersome and more work per blog than the results would achieve. Anyways, if anyone has any ideas or can help, I would be truly grateful. As far as the story with this particular issue goes . . . it was fantastic. If I could score it, as far as content, character, creativity, and overall contribution to base storyline and continuity, this . . . without a doubt . . . would be the best Annual I've seen, in the last, I don't know how many, years. First of all, Allan Heinberg and Terry Dodson are at the creative helm. So it's top-shelf talent all the way around. Which you don't always see in an Annual. And this story kind of wraps up the last chapter of her life, and takes her in to the next one. So it's very much an intricate part of her current continuity. The guest stars and villains are also all top-shelf. Then to add to the mix, we get a back-up story, again by Allan, but drawn by Gary Frank. This one gives us some back-story, and basically explains all the members of Diana's current cast of characters. Including Nemesis and Sarge Steel. Like I said, hands down, the best Annual I've seen in quite a while. Also the only Annual, in quite a while, that I've picked up multiple copies to. As far as I'm concerned, A+ all the way around.

No comments:

Post a Comment