Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Suicide Squad #1 - DC


Well with this issue, we're back on the Suicide train again. At least for 8 issues that is. John Ostrander is at the writing helm. I think he did the original series too, if I'm not mistaken. Javi Pina does the pencils. You know, from ManHunter fame. I have to say, the art in this book looks pretty good too. I do have a couple of questions though. We start out with Rick Flagg blowing up a Jihad headquarters in Qurac. It used to be a Nazi stronghold back in the day, so there's a nuclear bomb buried underneath it. He's going to blow it to take out Jotunheim, the fortress, the Jihad and hopefully himself. That was 6 months ago. Now General Eiling has brought information to Amanda Waller that Rick survived and he's in a prison in Russia. Of course it's a trap, but they have to try anyways. My first question is, isn't Capt. Boomerang dead? I thought his son Boomer was on the Squad now? I believe I'm right with that, but the way they drew him this issue, and his dialogue, he appears to be the old man. How is that possible? Is it a mistake? Also why would Eiling try to take down Waller and the Squad by exposing them to the Russians? I know there's no love lost there, but to give up a potential asset to an enemy doesn't figure in to anyone's play-book. So is Eiling a spy, a double agent, or a Russian? And finally, how is Waller doing all of this without CheckMate finding out? Or did she break free of them? Lots of questions for the first issue. And hopefully we'll get some answers. We do find out though, on the final page, that Rick actually is alive. But where? All we know is it's someplace where they have dinosaurs. Skartaris maybe? Guess we'll find out sooner or later.

No comments:

Post a Comment