Sunday, July 15, 2007

Justice League of America #10 - DC


Honestly, I'm not sure where this cover came from. Maybe it's a retailer incentive cover. I'm not sure. But this book already has 2 stunning covers. One by Michael Turner, and one by Phil Jiminez. And it's really hard to say which one is better, because they're both fantastic. Brad Meltzer, and Geoff Johns over in Justice Society, are doing an incredible job writing this story, and working with all these characters. It's amazing to me, that a single writer can work with all these characters, and yet they all seem to keep their individual personalities, and quirks. To me, that's the mark of a great author. And these 2 guys both fill that description. Then on top of all that talent, we have Ed Benes doing the pencils on this series. I've been a fan of this guy ever since he came on the scene. I think he started out working with Mike Deodato Jr., and then as part of his studio. But I'm here to tell you, the work he's turning out for this series, is probably the best of his career so far. I would put this up against Mike's work, or Ian Churchills, or Michael Turner's any day. It really is that good. Anyways, we finally find out the plan of the Legion members this issue. Superman thought he had it figured out . . that they were trying to bring Lightning Lad back again. As it turns out, they were trying to bring someone back that was riding the lightning . . . but it wasn't him. It was Wally West and his family. I know . . you're saying . . family? Well don't forget he got married and had twins. Although, when they come back here . . . they look like they're 8 or 9 years old. I guess we'll have to find out more about that in the future. But the Legionnaires immediately return to the future, after their task is complete. However, Starman and Karate Kid stay behind. Again, another part of the story we'll have to find out about in the future. Another plot twist is that when they do go back, and report to Brainiac 5 about their mission, I think he's surprised that it was Wally who they grabbed. I'm thinking maybe he thought it was going to be Barry. I may be wrong, but this may be the beginning of a whole other plot thread. I know . . you'll find out more . . . . . . after the break. Just like a reality TV show. But I gotta' say, I love this book. I would have to say, this is the best incarnation of this team . . . ever! Fantastic job from everyone involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment