Sunday, November 16, 2008

New Exiles #13 - Marvel


As you know, I'm a huge fan of this book. I'm thrilled to death that Tom Grummett is back this issue. The pages look incredible. However, I do have to give props for the cover. Alex Garner does the art, and it is incredible. I assume he's a relatively new talent. But this cover was great. Anyways on with the story . . . this issue gives us a little more insight into Cat and Betsy. Betsy seems to have her inner-demons calmed down for the meantime . . . Ogun and Lady Mandarin . . but, you never know when they'll be popping up again. With Cat, we find out part of the reason that she seems to be changing images so much . . "I'm not locked into any single dimension. I may look 'normal' . . . but I'm actually cascading from one incarnation of myself to another. Used to be too quick to see, or matter. Here though . . the process . . the result . . is becoming tangible." But on some level, her and Sage, through this revelation, seem to have bonded a bit. After all they both kind of share and experience . . . millions of minds, or faces, streaming through their heads at all times. Although Sage still seems to have one main problem . . . Diana Fox. I thought this was another fantastic issue by Chris Claremont and Tom. Sure it was a development issue . . . moving the characters further along their given destinies, but . . I still thought it was a good issue. We got a lot more insight this issue. And, it sets up our next adventure in which Sabretooth is putting Morph in charge of. That should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment