Monday, November 12, 2007

Legion of Super-Heroes in the 31st Century #7 - DC


This issue introduced us to some characters that, to my knowledge, we've never seen in a Legion story before. Specifically, the Amazons of the future. It was kind of an obvious story, but, this is a kids book. But as with Batman and the Teen Titans, I like the animated series so much, that I don't mind the simpler stories. Long story short, Circe is the Queen of the Amazons. There is an Amazon princess that's supposed to take over, but not until she turns 18. Well, her 18th birthday is almost upon her, and . . surprise . . she disappears. I wonder who could be responsible for that. Well the female members of the Legion have to take over, since the guys aren't allowed to set foot on their island. But it's the restlessness of the guys that basically solves the case. Well that, and the Amazon princess being more combat ready than Circe gave her credit for. Of course everything ends up well, and Superboy and the Princess, I think, have a crush on each other. It's a fun book, and it's great for the kids. I read it . . . . because I'm a big kid! And I'm not afraid to admit it. Just don't tell my wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment