Saturday, September 29, 2007

Gen13 #12 - WildStorm


First things first . . . Gail Simone is doing a fantastic job of writing this book. Way back when the Gen13 characters originally came out . . they were fun to read. They were unique, playful and overall just an enjoying series. Well . . Gail has brought that feel back to this book. Also, as in the old series, there's always a lot of stuff going on in the background. Things that will eventually have an effect on our characters, but, in the meantime, we get the details in bite sized pieces. And whomever thought of these Authori-teens, I assume it was Gail, had a brilliant spark of imagination. But I have to ask, are we going to get a chance to see this teen world from whence they come? I hope so. It could be interesting. But, back to the fun part, it abounds in this book. Such as when Eddy decides, to get out of a sticky situation, he going to try to absorb Caitlin's powers. But what he doesn't realize it that he's also liable to absorb other parts of her. Such as her enormous boobs. There's a side-effect he hadn't considered. So now he's using lines like, "Oh, my god! Cooties!", and "Stop leering at me, you perverted freak!", and "Watch the hands Buster Brown!". Oh, and my favorite "This is nothing like that dream I had . . . after watching all that dirty, dirty anime!" Not the kind of lines we ever thought we see dialogued for Eddy. But that's what I'm talking about. The book is fun and original again. Keep it up guys . . and gals. Great book!

No comments:

Post a Comment