Sunday, June 03, 2007

Green Lantern #19 - DC


I think I learned more about Star Sapphire, and the Zamaron's, in this issue, than I have in the entire history of the Green Lantern series. I mean the story about how they separated from the Guardians is pretty well known. But we've never really seen how or why their ideals and beliefs got twisted in to what they are today. Yes we knew that Star Sapphire wanted Hal as her consort, with almost every incarnation of the character. But, we've never really know the specifics. And how did we get that information? Well, when she first returned she went to familiar ground and possessed Carol Ferris again. Little did she know that Carol had moved on, gotten married, and that Hal was no longer in love with her. This didn't suit her needs at all. So, she focused on Hal and felt his feeling for Cowgirl, whom he was talking to at the time. So wham-bam-thank-you-mam, she jumps in to Cowgirl and starts going after Hal with a vengeance. Well during her occupation, the information highway ran both directions, and Carol picked up as much information about them, as they knew about her. So now, while Hal is trying to rescue her, she is relaying as much of this to Hal as she can. Finally Carol decides that she needs to make a stand and asks Hal to " . . light me up. Make me a suit. I didn't control myself when I was the Star Sapphire, but I saw her fight. I learned how to fight." So now Star has to fight 2 GL's. But it's all moot, because on the last page the Zamaron's decide to show up and take matters in to their own hands. This is turning out to be a great story by Geoff Johns. Also the artwork by Daniel Acuna, from Freedom Fighters fame, is phenomenal. As a back-up we also get a little more insight in to the Sinestro Corps. These people are gonna be a nasty piece of work. I really like this book, but please don't forget about Kyle Rayner. I know he's on hiatus for now, but please don't leave him out there for to long.

No comments:

Post a Comment