Monday, May 29, 2006

Strangers in Paradise #82 - Abstract Studio


Strangers has in my opinion, been consistently one of the best produced books out there. Terry Moore is awesome. His writing is great. His stories flow from frame to frame and book to book with an effortless ease. Whether its 4 or 6 wks between books, a page and a half into the book and I'm right back in the story. Now his artwork isn't the painted kind like Adam Hughes or Alex Ross, but in the context of the story it is perfect. Who cares if its black & white? And, for the same price as the big companies, it's adless. Who'd of thunk it? Cut out the ads, give us 3 or 4 pages of letter columns, and original artwork on the inside & outside of both the front and back cover. Is anybody in the other companies paying attention to this? The only downfall, there's only 8 more issues until he wraps up the series. Boo Hoo!!! These characters are great. They all have their own unique personality, and you really find yourself caring for them. There's been a little over 100 issues in 3 different volumes. I came in to it kind of late. I started at the beginning of the 3 volume with not having read anything of the first 2. I was instantly hooked. I soon began to get all the books I missed in the first 2 storylines. This is just a great series. Some times the stories are sad, sometimes they're not. But, like I said, you always find yourself caring for what's going on. And he always, without fail, leaves you hanging on the last page. He always leaves you wanting more. If you've never checked it out, you should. You can get all the stories in trade paperbacks, if you don't want to go searching through comic bins. This is a book that I am always glad I bought.

No comments:

Post a Comment