Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Spawn #156 - Image

I started out as a huge Spawn fan. The animated series on HBO was awesome. The movie. . . . .well . . . . . I tried to like it. The book though, was one of my favorites for a long time. Sometime in the middle of the run, I really had no idea what was going on. For a while this turned in to one of the books I only bought because I had every one. I discussed that disorder in a previous blog so I won't get in to it. But, I would read a book, have no recollection from the previous one, struggle through the one I had, then bag it & board it & forget about it. Sad, but true. I don't even really know how long that lasted, but it was quite a while. But, for the last couple of issue, I've been getting into it again. I really don't know what's going on with Spawn, he's gathering up souls for some reason or another, but the stories have a lot more to do with his supporting cast. This issue has Wanda just discovering that one of her twins, with Terry, has just bashed the other ones head in with a baseball bat. But apparently, only she can see it. That or the zombie twins really did clean it all up before anyone else got there. And it ends with one of the twins strangling Cyan, and the other standing on the bed over a tied up Wanda, holding a gun to her head. This time Terry comes in time to see what's going on. And that's where the issue ends. Kinda how the last issue ended with one twin standing over the others bashed out skull, holding the baseball bat and grinning from ear to ear. I liked it. I want to love it, but all this Heaven & Hell war stuff, and mysticism and all, has been dragging on for a long time. Besides, wasn't it all done by Black Sabbath ? "The world is full of Kings & Queens, who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It's Heaven & Hell." I know this is the world Todd McFarlane has made for him, and as a product of Hell his torment and torture is eternal. But, do we have to experience it forever too? Like I said, I'm really trying to like it. I don't know. I don't know what else to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment