Sunday, October 05, 2008

DC/WildStorm - Dreamwar #6 - DC/WildStorm


This wraps up our Dreamwar story. It was interesting. Lee Garbett's artwork was actually quite good. I liked it from the first issue and it got better as we moved along. Of course I'm sure it didn't hurt that he had Trevor Scott doing the inks. I liked the way Keith Giffen wrote this story. Even though the DC characters were actually just dream constructs, he kept them true to character. It was interesting to see, and hear, the different views that the various characters had on how this situation should be handled. I also liked seeing all of these characters together. I mean, the WildStorm Universe is actually one of the 52 . . right? So, I think, it's theoretical that something like this could happen again . . for real this time. The Doctor actually accomplished the most in this series. For all the posturing and 'measuring' that the rest of the heroes did, it was the Doctor's conversations that I think weakened this kid the most. Then it was just a matter of waking him up . . after they found him of course. At the end I liked the Doctor's comment when he returned the book the kid had stolen to the Athenaeum. "I believe this belongs here. The thief . . will never sleep again. You have my word on that." The only problem . . . the book is incomplete. There's still a few pages floating around out there. All in all I thought it was a pretty good mini-series. I thought it was a unique way to bring the 2 world's heroes together . . a cross-over . . kind of.

No comments:

Post a Comment