Sunday, February 03, 2008

the Spirit #12 - DC


I'll give Darwyn Cooke credit . . the guy has talent. He write's a good story. And, I don't know if it's his pencils, or J Bone's inks, but a lot of the panels look really good. My problem is . . . I just can't get in to this book. I'm picking it up because, personally, I missed the whole Spirit thing. Obviously I wasn't around for the original Eisner stories, but when they re-did it in the 80's, I think, over at Kitchen Sink . . . I just wasn't interested, so I never picked it up. Well . . even after 12 issues . . I just don't find it all that interesting. Maybe it's just the genre that doesn't appeal to me . . . or maybe . . . . I don't know. I really don't want to be negative. Obviously Eisner was brilliant. And it appears as if Darwyn is following in his footsteps. Like I said, the guy has talent. It's just . . . not my cup of tea. If you're in to this kind of stuff, I'd have to say these guys do a great job. But to me . . it's just all kind of . . boring. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment