Saturday, April 28, 2007

Moon Knight #8 - Marvel


This is another book, that the creative team is just phenomenal. I don't know what Charlie Huston has done before this. But his work on this series is astounding. And then David Finch on the pencils. I mean . . . nothing more needs to be said . . really! Marc is trying to put the pieces of his life back together. But he keeps getting pulled by outside forces. He has a serial killer on the loose. The MO looks like somebody that Marc already took down, and who is dead, Emile Mogart the Midnight Man. So obviously he's trying to bait Moon Knight in to coming after him. But we don't really know what all of this is about yet. Then, Captain America pays him a visit this issue. "See Spector, you have it all wrong. I'm not here recruiting. I wouldn't have you in my command. No . . I'm here to get something off my chest, in case I don't get a chance to later. I don't like your style, mister. If I have any doubts about registration, it's because of maniacs like you. Castle may belong in a cage . . but you belong in a straight jacket. Keep your butt on the sidelines Spector. I see you on the other side of the field . . . I'll make a point of showing you who has the biggest super power." So after that Marc decides to go beat some heads and try to get some answers. And in the final pages, we see our serial killer doing another kill to try to get Moonie's attention. "What more do I have to do to make my point? I mean doesn't he know an invitation when he gets one? Or two invitations? Or three? Or four? Or five? Would it be asking too much for an RSVP? Some kind of acknowledgment so I can make plans? A note it to much for his busy schedule? All I'm looking for is a little respect.", the guy says as he's tearing apart another body. This book always leaves you with a cliff-hanger ending. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment